Moscow Metro – Smolenskaya – Line 4

Smolenskaya - Line 3 - A Savin

Smolenskaya – Line 3 – A Savin

More on the USSR

Moscow Metro – a Socialist Realist Art Gallery

Moscow Metro – Smolenskaya – Line 4

Smolenskaya – Line 4 - 01

Smolenskaya – Line 4 – 01

Smolenskaya (Russian: Смоленская) is a station on the Filyovskaya line of the Moscow Metro. It was opened in 1935 as part of the first Metro line. Designed by S.G. Andriyevsky and T.N. Makarychev, the station features grey marble pillars with flared bases and walls faced with white ceramic tile. Smolenskaya originally had two entrance vestibules, but one was demolished with the expansion of the Garden Ring avenue. There are still two sets of exit stairs on the platform, but one leads to a dead end where the passage to the old vestibule (very similar to the one still in use at Chistye Prudy) used to be. There is no direct transfer to Smolenskaya. Instead, there is a direct transfer to Plyushchika planned to the station from the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya line.

Smolenskaya – Line 4 - 02

Smolenskaya – Line 4 – 02

Text from Wikipedia.

Location:

Arbat District, Central Administrative Okrug

GPS:

55.7488°N

37.5825°E

Depth:

8 metres (26ft)

Opened:

15 May 1935

More on the USSR

Moscow Metro – a Socialist Realist Art Gallery