Moscow Metro – Dinamo – Line 2
Dinamo (Дина́мо) is a Moscow Metro station on the Zamoskvoretskaya Line. It is located under Leningradsky Avenue, and named after the nearby Dinamo Stadium. The station was opened in 1938 as part of the second stage of the system. The station is situated at the depth of 39.6 metres (130 ft) and follows a tri-vaulted deep-level pylon design. Designed by Ya. Likhtenberg and Yury Revkovsky, the station features a sport-themed decoration with bas-reliefs designed by Ye. Yason-Manzer depicting sportsmen in various practices in the vestibules and the central hall.
The pylons, faced with red tagilian marble and onyx have porcelain medallions also showing sportsmen. The walls are faced with onyx, white and grey marble, neatly tiled together. The floor is reveted with black marble, although the platforms were initially covered with asphalt.
The station has two identical vestibules, each on the northern side of the Leningradsky Avenue, and the architect for the vestibules was Dmitry Chechulin.
The station daily passenger traffic is 52,500 although this is an annual average and is subject to heavy changes depending on events taking place at the nearby stadium.
Text from Wikipedia.
39.6 metres (130ft)
11 September 1938